Not able to start IntelliJ version 2017.1


Not able to start IntelliJ version 2017.1



I am trying to start the IntelliJ but it failed and showing following error message.



enter image description here



I have already defined JAVA_HOME in system variable. I also tried to update JAVA_HOME in user environment variable. I am expecting the user defined will overwritten system one. However, IntelliJ still looking for system defined variable, and tried create JVM from there.


JAVA_HOME


JAVA_HOME



enter image description here



This issue happened when my admin right has been invoked. It used to work before.



Is there any way I could run the IntelliJ without the admin right.





It seems that you need 32-bit JDK. Is your JDK 64-bit?
– Jaycee
Jul 3 at 3:28




2 Answers
2



you can try setting : IDEA_JDK environment variable


IDEA_JDK



IDEA_JDK={your_jdk_path}



Example : IDEA_JDK=C:softwaresjdk1.8.0_66


Example : IDEA_JDK=C:softwaresjdk1.8.0_66





I have tried but its not working still.
– Joey
Jul 3 at 2:56






looks like its a windows access issue(as mentioned in above answer) than the JDK/JRE path issue.
– Sunil Gollapinni
Jul 3 at 5:04



I have reinstalled Intellij with user permission and it works. The reason with the issue was that I had installed Intellij with admin privilege, it stopped working after my local admin have been revoked.






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

api-platform.com Unable to generate an IRI for the item of type

How to set up datasource with Spring for HikariCP?

Display dokan vendor name on Woocommerce single product pages