Couchbase Lite alternative [closed]


Couchbase Lite alternative [closed]



I have an Android project whose use CouchBase lite 1.4 with CouchDB
.We want to use the last CouchBase lite version but I have been reading this in the documentation about CouchBase Lite 2.0 :


Android


CouchBase lite 1.4


CouchDB


CouchBase lite


CouchBase Lite 2.0



The new protocol is incompatible with CouchDB-based databases. And
since Couchbase Lite 2 only supports the new protocol, you will need
to run a version of Sync Gateway that supports it.



So I guess I have to migrate to Sync Gateway ?¿ as I can read here:



Couchbase Lite 2.0's enhanced replication protocol is not compatible
with CouchDB. The Sync Gateway 2.0 however will supporting both
Couchbase Lite 2.0 mobile clients with the new protocol and the
CouchDB enabled replication protocol.



My problem is that I have not clear what is Sync GatAway,becouse in some places you can read that works with CouchDB in other place I can read that does not work.



This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:





"How can I run a version of Sync Gateway?" Have you consulted the documentation?
– borrrden
Jul 2 at 21:14





of course, quite confusing by the way
– JoCuTo
Jul 3 at 6:39






I was a bit confused by this: "...info about how to change from couchBase lite to Sync Gateway" I think you mean "change from CouchDB to Sync Gateway"?
– Matthew Groves
Jul 3 at 18:17





thanks ....thanks a lot ...thank you so much
– JoCuTo
Jul 4 at 7:34






thanks ....thanks a lot ...thank you so much
– JoCuTo
Jul 4 at 7:47





1 Answer
1



You can use Cloudant Sync for Android as an alternative.
It is compatible with your CouchDB installation or with IBM's Cloudant NoSQL service.



We are using this library in some mobile projects based on Android.





gracias Juanjo, I am going to take a look :)
– JoCuTo
Jul 2 at 10:02





ostras como se han puesto esto :( ... nos han frito a negativos :(
– JoCuTo
Jul 4 at 7:39

Popular posts from this blog

api-platform.com Unable to generate an IRI for the item of type

How to set up datasource with Spring for HikariCP?

Display dokan vendor name on Woocommerce single product pages