Object Detection Inventory Management


Object Detection Inventory Management



So I am doing research for a professor at my college and he wants me to learn object detection using a camera. He has assigned me with the task of creating an inventory management system where there would be 3 bins with certain objects in each bin (Ex. Bin 1 = 5 oranges, bin 2 = 8 bananas, bin 3 = 10 apples). Now when someone picks something up from one of these bins, the computer would subtract the count of the objects from the corresponding bin and update the total number of objects in the bin to the computer and vise versa for adding objects.



So my question is what the best path of action is. I have currently installed tenorflow onto my pc and have got the object detection api working. I am familiar with some basic python but am completely new to machine learning. This is my first real project in the computer science field and I am not sure how to go about coding this.



Thanks for all your help!



-Gubi





I dont think this place is the best avenue for that question. But to help you, you could start searching google for blogs that talk about machine learning and python. There are a LOT. if you want to learn concepts on machine learning first before you start coding, then you could go to tons of tuturials available on youtube. For me though, if you wanna learn ml. Go to Coursera. coursera.org/learn/machine-learning
– Vincent Pakson
Jul 2 at 3:49





sorry about that, this is actually my first time posting on this site. Do you have any idea where i should post this question? Also thanks for the help.
– Gubi Ganguly
Jul 2 at 14:05





You could probably try cross validated?
– Vincent Pakson
Jul 3 at 0:45









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

api-platform.com Unable to generate an IRI for the item of type

How to set up datasource with Spring for HikariCP?

Display dokan vendor name on Woocommerce single product pages