Receiving unread or new posts from forums with slack


Receiving unread or new posts from forums with slack



I am a beginner in Slack.
I want to make a slack-bot that fetches unread or new posts from forums.



For examples,
If there are any posts I have not read in specific forums, Slack-bot will let me know.



So what slack api should I use? Or what documentation should I read?





Isn't that what notifications are for?
– jrenk
Jul 2 at 13:32





Hi jrenk, for example this link. python-forum.io/Forum-Homework
– Kyle Lee
Jul 2 at 13:36






In the link, there are posts. I want to track them.
– Kyle Lee
Jul 2 at 13:38




1 Answer
1



The simplest way to do this is to add an RSS Feed integration to your Slack workspace, and then configure it to subscribe to the Python Forum you linked in your comment.



After adding the RSS feed integration to Slack, click the RSS Syndication link in the Python Forum's footer to generate an update feed link and then paste it into the Slack RSS Feed integration settings.





Thank you very much! I will try your suggestion.
– Kyle Lee
Jul 2 at 17:00





Sounds good! :)
– Adil B
Jul 2 at 17:45






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

api-platform.com Unable to generate an IRI for the item of type

How to set up datasource with Spring for HikariCP?

Display dokan vendor name on Woocommerce single product pages