Maintenance mode still showing when sharing in Wordpress


Maintenance mode still showing when sharing in Wordpress



I have deleted completely the plugin maintenance mode and the site has been online for 3 days. However, when I share any blog post in Facebook the title it gives me is Maintenance mode.



You can see an example in this page:



http://www.cartum.org/uncategorized/desarrollo-y-docencia/



I have also disabled the cache plugin and I have cleared the cache in my browser. Nothing seems to work.



I have also tried to put the url in https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug but it tells me that I have errors and I don´t have access to the ftp of the web site.



And in the Yoast SEO plugin I have the Open Graph data added.



What can I do?





When I visited your URL in my browser, it only contained “No disponible por mantenimiento programado. Vuelve a comprobar el sitio en unos minutos.”, which Google Translate tells me is a message about the site being in maintenance mode. When I reload the page, that note disappears, and it shows normal content. Can’t be a cache issue, since I never visited your site before. After re-scraping the URL several times in the debug tool, it seems the scraper could finally read it now.
– CBroe
Jan 21 '16 at 10:42





But if your site keeps responding in such an unpredictable manner, and basically can’t make up its mind about whether it is in maintenance mode or not, it is likely that you’ll have that problem again in the future. So you’ll need to go investigate what’s going on.
– CBroe
Jan 21 '16 at 10:43





It is working now. Thank you very much! How did you re-scrap the URL?
– Hector de Prada
Jan 21 '16 at 12:17





By clicking the “Fetch new scrape information” button :)
– CBroe
Jan 21 '16 at 12:46




2 Answers
2



Adding in my two cents --
I was having a similar scenario where I placed my website in MM a few days back to make changes. Now I have not only disabled it, but uninstalled the plugin completely trying to remove the MM when going to share it on FB or Twitter...



What I did:
From what CBrow shared to help Hector with his problem, I also visited: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/



Placed the URL to the page that kept giving the old Maintenance Mode when I shared, hit "Debug" and viola! Self-corrected instantly.


old Maintenance Mode



Thanks for the help!
Lez





Welcome to SO, but note that answers should only contain information that answers the question as completely as possible, not discussion with other users. SO is not a discussion forum.
– paisanco
Oct 2 '16 at 16:28



I have the best issue for you, i try the Facebook Debug page option but it's doesn't work for me and i have better idea for you and it will work 100% , Go to the posts you did when your website were in maintenance mode and just change their links, Exemple :



https://yourwebsite.com/20_delicious_cupcake_to_make_at_home



change it to :



https://yourwebsite.com/20_delicious_cupcakes_to_make_at_home



add a letter or remove a letter and it will work normaly :) !





Provide valuable info from links, because link may broke or dead in future.
– Abhishek Gurjar
Jul 3 at 4:36






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

api-platform.com Unable to generate an IRI for the item of type

How to set up datasource with Spring for HikariCP?

Display dokan vendor name on Woocommerce single product pages